The Mekong Delta (in Vietnamese: “đồng bằng sông Cửu Long” (“Nine Dragon river delta”) is the region in south western Vietnam where the Mekong River approaches and empties into the sea through a network of distributaries. The Mekong delta region encompasses a large portion of southeastern Vietnam of 39,000 square kilometres
Covering Mekong delta -My Tho is serene Buddhist pagodas with beautiful paddy fields and fruit trees, which gives the peaceful atmosphere. The trip will include a visit to Mekong delta – Ben Tre – which is famous by coconuts – by boarding a traditional boat, giving the tourists a fantastic view of the vast network of canals here.
- An unforgettable way of watching the Mekong Delta is driving along the provincial roads, down to the Southern region of Vietnam, through paddy rice fields, pineapple plantations, orchards and small hamlets. (2-hour drive)
- After arrived at My Tho, you will ride on a local motor boat and have a sightseeing tour of Dragon Island, Phoenix Island, Turtle Island and stop at the famous Unicorn Island. While at the Unicorn Island, you will visit natural pure honey at a bee keeping farm, taste some honey wine, rice wine, banana wine…
- Walking on the village and rowing boat along the nature water coconut canals to see local’s daily life in Mekong Delta.
- From there, you will continue your motor boat trip to Ben Tre province to visit a handmade coconut candy workshop. Then transfer to a small motor boat and travel along the lush, green canals, and stop at local restaurant for lunch.
- After that we are going to another area on the Unicorn Island:
- Enjoy some kinds of tropical fruits at the orchard garden and listen to the Southern traditional music.
- Local boat will take you back to My Tho and visit Vinh Trang Pagoda, one of the most famous landmarks in the region, then the bus will drive you back to Sai Gon.